Monday, December 8, 2008

David Blanco

This blog post is dedicated to an awesome (but fictional character) David Blanco. He was in a book I read this past summer. The book was called "Breaking Point". The book wasn't very good but I did my summer reading essay on it because I was too lazy to actually read one of the boring school recommended books.We were supposed to write our essay's on whether or not we agreed with the main character's actions. I didn't like the main character in the book so I wrote about how stupid I thought he was and wrote a bonus paragraph about David Blanco. I got a 72% on the essay. Apparently I used the word "stupid" way to much when describing the main character and apparently the paragraph about David Blanco was irrelovent. But I felt like I was making a point. Whatever. English teachers don't really give a damn about what creative things students have to say. Anyways you're probably wondering "So why was David Blancoso amazing???" He's David Blanco...enough said. Haha. Just kidding. I'll explain. So David Blanco is an only child. His mom was a lunch lady at a snobby private school. His dad was a janitor at the same snob school. Since both of David's parents worked at the school, he got in with a discount. The snobby rich kids that payed full prize hated David. They did everything to torment him and his immigrant family. His family was poor. They lived in a tiny house behind the school. The kids should of just let him be. David had a dog, the tiny white fluffy type, named Trouble. After school he would take his dog out to the football field and Trouble would shit on the sports fields. David thought it was a pretty funny way to get back at the kids that tortured him. One day David woke up and found Trouble's head, no body, sitting on his door step. The tiny dog's body was in a puddle of blood in the school next to a sign that said "Should have scooped". People are so cruel over the stupidest things. Kids would dump instant mashed potato powder in David's backpack and then pour in water so gross school-lunch mashed potatos covered his books. They would print out pictures of fat naked women and write "Blanco's mom". David had green hair and read Emily Dickenson poems. He was an interesting guy. Notice how I keep saying was? Well one day friendless David was sick of it all. He went to the top of the bell tower. The stupid main character, Paul, was like David because his mom worked at the school too. But Paul was desperate for friends and the bullying to stop so he got mixed up with Charlie, who was the kid that was behind most of the horrible things that happeed to David. Anyways so David was miserable and stood on the ledge of the bell tower. Paul saw him and went up to try to talk so sense into him. David told him this story about the birds and the beasts and the bat: "Once, all the creatures lived in harmony. Then, there was a conflict between the birds and the beasts. They formed two armies. The bat went to join the birds. But they said 'sorry you're no bird'. So, he went to go join the beasts, but they said 'you can fly, you must be a bird'. Finally the birds and the beasts made their peace. They had something in common- they all hated the bat, who was different from everyone. So the bat was forced to fly off alone before the other creatures ripped him apart." then he said, "The moral of the story is if you aren't like anyone, you'll always be alone." He explained how he was alone, he was a bat. Then he said "I'm a bat, want to see me fly?" And by the end of the chapter the blood of David Blanco weas all over the sidewalk below. This book shows how horrible people are when they have no reasons to be. I can relate to David. I may not be jumping off bell towers or going to snobby prep schools and my dog isn't headless (thank God). But me and David both know what if feels like to be picked on for no reason. We both get left alone a lot. I guess you could say I'm a bat.
Bats are one of my favorite animals. In third grade we had a project and we woould pick from a hat which animal we'd have to research. I was sick the day we picked so I ended up with bats. At first I was like "nooo who likes bats???" But I did the project and learned that bats were kool unique creatures and I guess I've liked bats ever since. Why is it no one seems to like bats? Maybe thats why they are so loney. Tonight I feel lonely but I pretty much know thats all my fault. When i was eating dinner Charlie Brown's Christms was on TV. Charlie Brown is a lonely kid too. And he has a dog too. I wonder if he grew p to become like David Blanco. Anyways Charlie Brown is a classic and Snoopy rocks.
(I'm sorry the end of this post seems kinda random but thats just how I write.And sorry if my grammar or puncuation is messed up. I'll be better nexted time.)